What is the Domestic Abuse (Strength Based) Hub?
The Domestic Abuse (Strength Based) Hub is an online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) based intervention that helps people tackle problem thinking and behaviour. Within the programme, the participant will explore the following:
- Healthy Relationships
- Unhelpful Beliefs
- Male “Privilege”
- Minimising, Blaming and Denial
- Using Threats
- Economical Abuse
- Using Children
- Using isolation.
What makes this intervention premium?
This intervention offers subscribing organisations:
- CBT and Strength based interventions
- Complete customisation including: logos, colours and fonts.
- Bespoke amends to reflect local requirements
- Live time management reporting.
What is the background of the Domestic Abuse (Strength Based) Hub?
The Intervention Hub has been developed by a team of probation professionals in consultation with a Clinical Psychologist. Our programmes are primarily based on utilising Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) but they also incorporate other theoretical models including:
- Desistance Theory
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Cycle of Change
- Motivational Interviewing
- Pro-Social Modelling.
How does it work?
Our programmes have been carefully designed to cater for all learning styles. We achieved this by including into our programmes:
- Audio bars for those with reading difficulties
- Visual content such as videos and diagrams
- Written instructions
- Case examples
- Skills practice
- Downloadable content.
How effective are the programmes?
RSMS are the only company that have tested CCBT based approaches with an offender population in England and the Isle of Man. To date our average results have been:
- 71% showed a positive change in pre and post questionnaire scoring (measuring change in thinking and attitudes)
- 78% of users would recommend it
- 73% of users report that they found it useful.
What happens when you finish the programme?
When the user finishes the programme, a post programme report measuring any changes is sent to the email address that has been provided. This will also include all the information input into the programme.
At the end of the programme, the user will also be able to download a certificate of completion and access all the worksheets from all the sessions for a period of 6 months (from the point of completion).
Want to assess your suitability before you access this programme?