What is The Responsible Dog Owner Hub?
This Hub was developed in collaboration with Dog Behavioural Experts to support dog owners to increase their understanding regarding dog behaviour and apply this to safely manage a variety of situations. This is achieved via online structured CBT.
How does it work?
Our programmes have been carefully designed to cater for all learning styles. We achieved this by including into our programmes:
- Audio bars for those with reading difficulties
- Visual content such as videos and diagrams
- Written instructions
- Case examples
- Skills practice
- Downloadable content.
What topics does it cover?
This Hub helps users explore and understand:
- Dog behaviour, triggers and ‘reactivity’
- Behavioural medication for dogs
- The impact of breed traits and genetics on behaviour
- The impact of dog health on their behaviour
- Dog owner responsibilities under the legal framework
- Considerations in relation to rescue dogs
- Dog safety measures in the home and in public
- Dog attacks and impact
Does the Hub offer any more support?
In addition to a structured programme outlined above, users can also access:
- 24 hours a day email support service
- Useful Videos
- Downloadable content including exercises and information.
How effective are the programmes?
RSMS Ltd are the only company that have tested CCBT based approaches with an offender population in England and the Isle of Man. To date our average results have been:
- 71% showed a positive change in pre and post questionnaire scoring (measuring change in thinking and attitudes)
- 78% of users would recommend it
- 73% of users report that they found it useful.
This programme is however still in its pilot phase and results on its effectiveness are still being collated.
What happens when you finish the programme?
When the user finishes the programme, a post programme report measuring any changes is sent to the email address that has been provided. This will also include all the information input into the programme.
Want to assess your suitability before you access this programme?