What is the Shoplifting Hub?
This Bespoke Hub was developed in association with Durham Tees Valley Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC) and provides an online structured CBT programme to support individuals to: Develop knowledge on the impact of shoplifting, Increase understanding of the motivations for shoplifting and to Equip individuals with the tools needed to desist from offending.
What makes this intervention premium?
This intervention offers subscribing organisations:
- CBT and Strength based interventions
- Complete customisation including: logos, colours and fonts.
- Bespoke amends to reflect local requirements
- Live time management reporting.
How does it work?
Our programmes have been carefully designed to cater for all learning styles. We achieved this by including into our programmes:
- Audio bars for those with reading difficulties
- Visual content such as videos and diagrams
- Written instructions
- Case examples
- Skills practice
- Downloadable content.
What topics does it cover?
Our Shoplifting Hub helps people with:
- Understanding the reasons why we behave as we do
- Budgeting skills
- Support networks
- Signposting and awareness of advisory services
- Links between thoughts, feelings and behaviour
- Peer pressure and peer influence
- Consequential thinking
- Victim empathy.
Does the Shoplifting Hub offer any more support?
In addition to a structured programme outlined above, users can also access:
- 24 hours a day email support service
- Useful Videos
- Downloadable content including exercises and information.
How effective are the programmes?
IC LTD are the only company that have tested CCBT based approaches with an offender population in England and the Isle of Man. To date our average results have been:
- 71% showed a positive change in pre and post questionnaire scoring (measuring change in thinking and attitudes)
- 78% of users would recommend it
- 73% of users report that they found it useful.
This programme is however still in its pilot phase and results on its effectiveness are still being collated.
What happens when you finish the programme?
When the user finishes the programme, a post programme report measuring any changes is sent to the email address that has been provided. This will also include all the information input into the programme.
Want to assess your suitability before you access this programme?